What are your requirements?
To become an Independent Medicare agent at Assurance, you will need:
- 3 State Licenses. We require a minimum of 3 active Health licenses, and we recommend 7-10 licenses.
- E&O Insurance. Active E&O Insurance is required to sell as an independent agent with Assurance.
- AHIP Certification. 1099 agents must have this year's current AHIP certification.
- Medicare Releases. If you are currently contracted with another FMO/Agency, you must be able to secure an Immediate Release.
- Independent agents provide their own equipment. Laptop or computer with highspeed internet (20mbps download and 10mbps upload). Softphone-compatible USB headset.
How much could I earn?
As an Independent Insurance Agent, your earning potential is driven by your efforts. You can reasonably expect earnings between $30,000 - $100,000 per year.
Please note, eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance.
This independent agent position is commission-based; however, agents committing between 10 and 50 hours of work per week may anticipate compensation within the above range.
Do I have to be appointed through Assurance?
Yes. If you are currently appointed with our carriers through another agency, you must request a release and get new appointments through Assurance.
We've worked with thousands of agents and our specialized team is here to support you! We'll help you get the information you need for carrier contracting, certifcations, and appointments.
Is there an AHIP discount link available for AEP?
We offer a $50 discount on AHIP to agents who join Assurance by 8/1/2023. A link will be provided to you during your onboarding.
Do I get residuals?
There are no residuals. Instead, agents focus on volume-based sales from a steady stream of free, inbound, pre-screened leads. Compensation includes guaranteed sales bonuses. This is a non-captive agent position.
Why do you recommend 3+ state licenses?
When you start selling at Assurance, you will get calls from shoppers across the country. The more state licenses you have, the more calls you can take. If you don't already have 3 state licenses, you must acquire additional licenses during your Assurance onboarding period.
When do I get paid?
You start earning money when you sell policies on our platform.
Specific to Annual Election Period (AEP), we have a call efficiency plan that pays you during AEP. You also receive the traditional post-AEP payments after AEP. It's like getting paid twice!
What is the chargeback window?
Around 4 months — much shorter than the industry average.
Are there benefits?
This is a contract (1099) role, so there are no traditional benefits. We focus on providing advantages, like no-cost resources, for agents on the Assurance platform. Assurance IQ is a subsidiary of Prudential Financial. Contracts are with Assurance, not Prudential. This is a non-captive agent position.
Does Assurance grant immediate releases to Medicare Agents?
For a release to be requested it must be contemporaneous with or following the termination of employment or the termination of the agent’s Master Services Agreement.
1099 agents that voluntarily or involuntarily terminate their Master Services Agreement (“MSA”) with Assurance shall be provided a release within 75 days of their chargeback period expiring or 120 days from the termination of their MSA whichever period is shorter.
1099 Agents that obtain a status with a carrier requiring a release, but never sell a policy on the Assurance platform shall be provided a release within 5 business days of request.
For agents that have switched lines of insurance, the longer period shall apply.
All requests for releases shall be delivered in writing to the Release Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that no releases will be given for requests made between July 15 and December 31 of each year. For any releases requested during this period, the request will be deemed made on January 1 of the following year.
I don't have a license to sell insurance. Can I still join?
No, you must be a licensed agent with a valid National Producer Number (NPN) before selling at Assurance.
Here are the minimum requirements to get started selling independently with Assurance:
- 3 State Licenses. We require a minimum of 3 active Health licenses, and we recommend 7-10 licenses
- E&O Insurance. Active E&O Insurance is required to sell with Assurance
- AHIP Certification. 1099 agents must have this year's current AHIP certification
- Medicare Releases. If you are currently contracted with another FMO/Agency, you must be able to secure an Immediate Release
- 1099 agents provide their own equipment. Laptop or computer with highspeed internet (20mbps download and 10mbps upload). Softphone-compatible USB headset
We do offer an unlicensed, full-time opportunity. Please visit careers.assurance.com
to see our open full-time agent roles.